So you're starting to suffer from joint pain, it began recently and it's afflicting your everyday lifestyle - what can you do?
Joint pain breakdown:
What is a Joint?
A joint is the end of the bone that meets another bone, for example the elbow.
What is the cartilage?
The cartilage is that gooey lubricant that exists between two joints, providing a slippery tissue for the joints to maneuver, while cushioning them from hard impacts and sudden shocks.
What is Arthritis?
Arthritis is a disease that makes the joints swell, grind, lose mobility and hurt. There are a number of reasons though as to what causes this.
The 2 Most Common Arthritic Causes
1. Rheumatoid Arthritis: In essence, rheumatoid arthritis - RA, is your body's immune system turning against you and attacking healthy cell tissue in the cartilage, called the synovium tissue.
This places more pressure on the ligaments and tendons and they invariably weaken. RA occurs most commonly in the wrist.
2. Osteoarthritis: This is the most common form of this disease and is caused by the wear and tear of the joints over a period of many years, or an innocuous injury from childhood, like falling heavily on your hip in the snow, or twisting your knee badly playing football.
The joints over time thicken and swell, causing an often painful throbbing sensation or jolts which shoot through the joint when stress is placed on it.
*Note: There are 100 plus arthritic conditions which can occur in the neck, back, chest and genitalia. This disease spreads to such diverse parts of the body that only a doctor can properly diagnose.
Below are what many people may consider typical arthritic symptoms.
- Joint is warm and tender to touch.
- Joint hurts with or without pressure applied.
- Exact same joints hurt on both sides of the body - often RA condition.
- Nodes on the fingers and toes start to form.
- Joint pain migrates: One minute your shoulder is in pain, the next that exact pain migrates to the knee.
- Joint pain travels: One minute your lower back hurts, then the center of the back, then the upper back and shoulder blades.
- Having trouble breathing, due to pressure on the lungs.
- Every joint in your body hurts.
- Can't stand up or walk for too long for fear your knee joints won't support you.
- No pain, fever, headache above the neck.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory Drugs - NSAID's
NSAID's do one thing - they help reduce the swelling in the joint which should relieve the pain somewhat.
This is all they do. Many people become dependent this type of treatment which is dangerous as they can have serious repercussions on the health of your internal organs.
These are only to be used for the short-term - they do nothing to treat the disease or the health of your bone and cartilage.
Control Tested Natural Anti-Inflammatory Supplements
Glucosamine and Chondroitin are the two active anti-inflammatory ingredients that are combined with additional elements Co-Q10, ALA, L-Carnitine, Bioflavonoids and Ginseng, that are now being manufactured in pharmaceutical labs in the U.S.
These work on 2 fronts:
a) They balance your auto-immune system surrounding the joint restricting the disease from further demineralizing the joint and cartilage.
b) They block pain impulses emitted from the inflamed joint from being transmitted to the brain.