Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Not All Joint Pain Is Arthritis Related


Arthritis pain can come in a variety of different forms, including Osteoarthritis, which is a degenerative arthritis; or rheumatoid arthritis. Gout is also a type of arthritis. Most of the time when people start looking for joint pain relief due to arthritis (or other causes); they have some inflammation and stiffness in the area.

However, not all joint pain is caused by arthritis. I had finger pain which was not diagnosed as any type of arthritis at all. In fact, the doctors never did figure out what was going on and eventually I just quit going in for checkups for the "We just don't know" diagnosis.

Even though my pain was not caused by arthritis, it WAS in the joints and therefore I was prescribed glucosomine sulfate as a treatment. When that didn't work, I was moved on to Glucosamine Chondroitin. After taking the glucosamine chondroitin mixture for about two months, my whole body hurt and I thought I was surely going to die. I figured it was just the joint issue getting worse, so I continued to look for joint pain relief on my own.

That's when I started using an Omega 3 Fish Oil supplement. I actually started this supplement after watching Dr. Oz one day where he said that many people don't get enough Omega 3 in their body and a supplement like this was a good way to remain in overall good health. I figured it couldn't hurt any more than what the other supplements were doing to me; so I got off the glucosamine and just started taking the Omega 3 Fish Oil supplement.

And I'm happy to report that they worked - for me at least! Now remember that I just said that my diagnosis was not joint pain due to arthritis. I had all the tests done to rule out the major diseases before I started to self treat things. And what worked for me might not work for everyone, but I've always been one to try natural supplements before synthetic ones (although, glucosamine chondroitin is a natural combination).

Don't be afraid to test a few things when you need joint pain relief. And, if you start feeling worse, stop taking the joint pain supplements for a while to see if you are having side effects from the pills. I guess the body ache thing wasn't just something I experienced either! While chatting with my neighbor she told me the same thing happened to her, but MSM was what was working for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment