Thursday, August 1, 2013

My Arthritis Story - First Time Pain Free In Over Fifteen Years


Earlier this year, I decided it was time to schedule the knee replacement surgery that I had been putting off for over 15 years. Originally they said I was too young at age 37, they told me that if I could live with the pain until I was 50, the replacement would be more feasible.

So I began taking the Chondroitin and Glucosamine supplements and they seemed to help... for a while. Then the pain got worse and I began taking prescription Naproxen as an anti-inflammatory and pain reliever. After reading all the side effects of prolonged use, I tried to take them as little as necessary. First it was once every three days, then every two, etc. until it was twice daily.

That brings us to earlier this year. Now the pain was continual and causing me to lose sleep every night. I decided it was time to schedule the appointment and arrange for the replacement. The orthopedic surgeon that was recommended by my doctor as the best had about a six month waiting period just to get in and then another six months before you actually had the replacement. But I was ready.

A Friend Recommends An Alternative:

After hearing about my pain and decision to have the surgery, a friend of mine suggested that I try this all natural supplement that she was using for back pain. She was trained as a nurse and worked as a therapist, so I listened to what she had to say. She told me that this supplement was helping her and others to live a better life with less pain. She provided the details and web information about it and I read everything available.

It was not cheap (90 servings for $69.95 plus shipping), but based on her recommendation, I decided to give it a try. I figured that I had about twelve months before the replacement could be scheduled anyway... so trying it for a couple months couldn't hurt while I was waiting.

My Skepticism Abounds:

I am a fairly skeptical person by nature, so I really didn't have a lot of hope that it would work. But in all fairness, I was going to give it a try for 45 days. Why 45 days? Because that was how long it would take to use the 90 servings according to how she instructed me to take the supplement.

I was instructed to take one capful in the morning on an empty stomach, then another a couple hours before bed, also on an empty stomach. Of course, I didn't feel any relief immediately and now I was about three weeks into the bottle. While I didn't feel much better, I definitely didn't feel any worse. It did seem like I had more energy and was sleeping a little better, which were both positive.

Pain Relief And Surprise:

Somewhere around the beginning of the next week, I started to notice a significant change. My knee pain was beginning to subside and my range of motion also seemed to be improving. Now I began improving on a daily basis. This is starting to get my attention.

So I begin trying to explain it in other ways. Am I doing something different? What have I been eating, or not eating? Have I been doing more exercise this week. I have lost a few pounds recently...

As the weeks progress, my pain is getting better and better. I am now getting more exercise because it doesn't hurt to walk anymore. I am starting to lose weight because of my increased activity.

The Next Step:

Over the next month or so I start feeling really good. I am mobile and feeling a lot of energy. So I decide to stop taking my Naproxen. I start by dropping to one a day, then every other day and finally after just a few months, I stop taking them entirely.

Much to my surprise, I am still feeling good. I actually feel "Pain Free" for the first time in a very long time. At age 53, my knee that was injured when I was 16 is not bothering me. I know the injury and multiple surgeries have taken place, but I am feeling really good.

After several months of feeling better and increased activity, I decide to cancel my appointment with the orthopedic surgeon. So far it has been great and while I have had a few incidents where I "over did it" and had some soreness, the recovery time from these incidents has been very quick.

I can't guarantee it will last forever, but for now I am enjoying the new found youth and vitality. As a side benefit, this supplement is also good for your skin, allergies and I have seen a noticeable improvement in my night vision due. She tells me that is because of an ingredient called "Billberry Extract". OK!

Spreading The Word:

For months now I have been telling friends, family and others about my story and many have tried it with similar results. So I decided to write an article here to share my personal story. I can't guarantee everyone will experience the same success that I have, or as quickly, but if you are in pain, as I was, it sure is worth a try.

Conclusion And Summary:

If you have suffered with arthritis pain, joint pain or any other issue related to inflammation, what is it worth to you to have the opportunity to potentially be "Pain Free"? For me it was a lot more than the $75 it cost to give it a try. You might just feel better and gain some of your youthful energy and mobility back.

For detailed information click this link: Isotonix OPC-3 Supplement, and scroll down the page. It can only be purchased online, but they usually deliver it within 5 days. You will have to "sign in" and set up a free account with your email, name and address. I hope your results are as good.. or better... than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment