Monday, June 17, 2013

Miracle Foods Against Arthritis


If you suffer from this debilitating condition, whether inflammatory or degenerative, it's a good idea to eat healthy, of course, avoiding toxins and pesticides. In addition to what's a sensible nutritional plan, you may not be aware of the fact that focusing on an alkalizing eating plan (as opposed to an acidifying one) will be highly beneficial against this condition.

I always wondered, as a teenager and then as an adult, why I would have specific cravings towards certain foods, such as onions, leeks, green peas, green beans, lemon and so on. I would devour huge quantities of it. At the same time, there were foods that, after consuming them, would make me feel unwell even if they are not necessarily, objectively 'bad'. Today I know it's because my body was 'telling' me I had to 'alkalize' my system in order to somehow 'fight' my Rheumatoid Arthritis. Those foods always helped and I never really connected the dots, so to speak!

So, amongst the best and most alkalizing nutrients you ought to consume are fresh lemons and limes (squeezed in mineral spring water, which is also alkalizing and much better than any tap water for this purpose), watermelons, all green vegetables, sea salt (no other salt is as good), onions and leeks. Amongst foods to absolutely avoid (because they are acidifying) are artificial sweeteners and sugar (so the best options is to use Stevia, which is a natural vegetable sweetener and alkalizing!), white breads, white pasta, white rice, cookies and similar, white noodles, all pop drinks, alcoholic drinks (especially hard liquors and beer), fatty meats and indeed most meats.

No comments:

Post a Comment